Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Barbra Boxer

After taking a lot of time researching potential American Heros for class I got interested and stuck on all of the things that the Senator of CA Barbra Boxer is trying to improve. She is trying to make college more affordable ......

http://boxer.senate.gov/en/press/updates/040710b.cfm

and public schools with more after school programs to keep kids learning & on the right path among many things. Barbra has spent most of her life committed to improving the rights of Americans and the environment. She is on a coalition to increase medical research to find cures for diseases and wants to let any American buy into the same health insurance that members of Congress have. Barbra believes that all consumers should be able to purchase lower-cost perscription drugs.
She is also trying to encourage companies to bring the work back to our country by giving them tax credit. Another thing that I look up to her for is that she authored the original Violence Against Women Act while a member of the House of Representatives.
I look at Barbra Boxer as an American Hero because she has dedicated her life to standing up for what she knows helps many many people. I agree with the values she represents and honor the effort she makes for our country. I relate to her when I read about the changes she makes in the U.S be them big or small and hope that I can spend my time supporting the things I truly believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment